Exo Terra Bio Drain Mesh Small (18x18)
- Non-toxic non-decomposable liner
- Create a water drainage system
- Separates the BioDrain Terrarium Draining Substrate from decorative substrates
- Prevents substrates from contaminating the water
The Exo Terra BioDrain Terrarium Draining Mesh is part of the BioDrain Terrarium Draining System. The non-toxic mesh will keep the underlying Draining Substrate separated from the decorative terrarium top-layer substrate. It also allows proper water drainage when used in combination with the BioDrain Terrarium Draining Substrate, as the BioDrain Terrarium Draining Mesh prevents contamination of the water by decorative substrate particles. It is ideal to create water parts and a biological filtration system in the terrarium using the Exo Terra BioDrain Terrarium Draining Substrate. The clean terrarium water can then be circulated in waterfalls, the Exo Terra Rain System or Dripping Plants. Use Bio Clean (formerly known as Biotize) to speed up biological filtration capabilities. As a decorative terrarium substrate the Exo Terra Terrarium Moss, Jungle Earth or Plantation Soil, etc. can be used.
BioDrain Terrarium Draining Mesh Medium (PT3133) fits Natural Terrarium Medium (PT2604, PT2610, PT2612 & PT2608). For bigger terrarium surfaces (e.g. Natural Terrarium Large PT2613, PT2614 or PT2609) combine multiple pieces of BioDrain Terrarium Draining Mesh.
- Wash the Bio Drain Terrarium Draining Substratethoroughly and spread it evenly in the terrarium.
- Create a water part by removing substrate in the desired location, then cover the substrate entirely with the Bio Drain Terrarium Draining Mesh.
- Add a biological substrate like Plantation Soil on the terrestrial (land) area.
- Add an aquatic substrate like Turtle Pebbles or Riverbed Sand to the water part and add water.