Zoo Med Eco Carpet™ 29gal
Your reptile's substrate is one of the essential parts of their home. It is what they will live on for the majority of their time, so you must use a substrate that will be beneficial to their health. Reptile carpet is a great option; here are the key benefits of using it:
- Easy to clean and maintain - It is advised to have at least two carpets at all times, one for the terrarium and one that is clean to spare. Follow the instructions for cleaning.
- No loose particles - Being a non-particulate substrate means that you won't have to worry about your pet ingesting their substrate and the risks associated with that.
- Simple to install - Just lay it flat on the bottom of the terrarium. It can be cut to size if necessary.
Zoo Med Eco Carpet™ is a soft, absorbent, non-abrasive carpet for many species of snakes, lizards, tortoises, and insects. Better than non-absorbent Astro-turf type carpets, which are made of plastic. Great for use as a protective layer when using the ReptiTherm® U.T.H. and loose substrates.
- Washable and easy to clean.
- Safe: Cannot be accidentally ingested by your animals.
- Carpet made from 100% post-consumer recycled plastic bottles.
- Eco Carpet was previously known as Repti Cage Carpet.
Instructions for use:
1. Remove the carpet and rinse thoroughly outside with the house.
2. Spray with terrarium-safe cleaner like Zoo Med Wipe Out 1 (sold separately) and let sit for 5-10 minutes.
3. Rinse again and air dry.
4. Once dry, return to the terrarium.
1. Place Eco Carpeton bottom of terrarium. (Cut to size if needed)
2. Place decorative cage furniture items on top plus a food and water dish for your pets.
3. Clean weekly as needed or if a foul odor persists.
Size: L: 12" x W: 30"
Terrarium size: 29 Gallon
Recommended for use with Snakes, lizards, tortoises, and insects.
Q. How many sheets come in a box?
A. One sheet per box.
Q. Can this be used in conjunction with a heat mat?
A. While this can be used with a heat mat, it is recommended to check the manufacturer's instructions for the heat mat to see if it can be covered. Zoo Med does suggest that this can be used with a U.T.H. when the U.T.H. is placed under the tank to help prevent burns to the animal.
Q. Can this be cut with scissors?
A. Yes, you can cut this carpet to size using scissors if necessary.
If you have any questions that are not answered here, feel free to submit your question below and we will respond as soon as possible.