Fluker's Premium Heat Mat Small (6x11)
Reptiles are ectothermic ("cold-blooded"), which means that they don't produce their own body heat. Instead, they depend on external heat sources like the Sun for the heat energy that their bodies need to function properly.
Fluker's Premium Heat Mat is designed to simulate the way that surfaces are heated by the sun. This can be especially useful as a primary or secondary heat source for terrestrial reptiles that are primarily active at night.
Dimensions: 6" x 11" (10-20 gallons)
Instructions for Use:
Place the Fluker's Premium Heat Mat on the extreme left or right side of the terrarium to create a temperature gradient. The mat should cover roughly 1/3 of the terrarium's floor space. Heat mats work best with a thin (<2" layer of substrate). Terrariums with a thicker substrate layer should use an overhead heat source such as a halogen basking bulb or ceramic heat emitter, depending on intended use.
To keep your reptile at the right temperature, it is very important to use a thermostat such as the Exo Terra 100w Thermostat or Zoo Med ReptiTemp Digital Thermostat with your heat mat!
- To protect against electrical hazards, DO NOT immerse cords, plug or heater itself in water or any other liquid.
- Close supervision is necessary when using heater by or near children.
- ALWAYS unplug from electrical outlet when heater is not in use.
- DO NOT operate your heat mat if cord or plug has been damaged or if the heater itself malfunctions or becomes damaged in any way. Return all malfunctioning appliances to the manufacturer for examination.
- DO NOT use the heat mat for anything other than intended use.
- DO NOT use pins or other metallic objects to fasten the pad of the heater in place.
- DO NOT place on tanks with cracked or broken surfaces.
- Save all instructions for your reference.