Zoo Med 20 Gallon ReptiHabitat Snake Kit
Every new reptile owner needs to start somewhere, and determining everything that you need for your new pet snake from scratch can be overwhelming and stressful. The Zoo Med 20 Gallon ReptiHabitat Snake Kit contains a variety of essential care equipment and supplies to help make sure that you get started on the right foot.
This kit includes:
- 20 Gallon Terrarium (30″ x 12″ x 12″) with sliding screen top
- ReptiTherm Under Tank Heater
- Aspen Snake Bedding (8 qt.)
- Habba Hut (medium)
- Plastic Bush Plant (Mexican Phyllo, medium)
- Repti Rock Water dish (medium)
- Analog Reptile Thermometer
- Daylight Blue Reptile Heat Bulb (100w)
- Mini Deep Dome Lamp Fixture
- ReptiSafe Water Conditioner (2 oz)
- Guide to Reptile Care Booklet
Additional decor such as artificial foliage, climbing branches, and additional caves is recommended to help provide maximum welfare for your new snake. We also strongly recommend buying the following additional items:
- Exo Terra Thermostat 100w
- Exo Terra Mister
- Exo Terra Digital Hygrometer
- Zoo Med Naturalistic Terrarium Hood 12"
- Zoo Med ReptiSun 5.0 Compact Fluorescent
Although this kit comes with a basic guide to general reptile care, you will need to do additional research on your specific type of snake, and adjust the contents of this kit accordingly.
This kit is best suited for small terrestrial snakes 36" long or less, such as:
- Ball Python (Python regius) — juveniles only
- Corn Snake (Pantherophis guttatus) — juveniles only
- Western Hognose Snake (Heterodon nasicus)
- Kingsnake (Lampropeltis spp.)
- Rosy Boa (Lichanura trivirgata)
Note: This kit is not large enough to house snakes longer than 36" long-term. Be prepared to upgrade your snake to a larger terrarium as it grows.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Does this come with a thermostat for the heating pad?
The starter kit does not come with a thermostat. This piece of equipment is highly recommended for your snake's safety, but must be purchased separately.
2. Does the lid have a lock to prevent escape?
There are two pins on the sliding mesh lid to prevent escape.
3. Can you buy replacement pins for locking the screen?
They are standard pins that can be obtained from general hardware stores — even if you cannot find an exact replacement, other options would work.
If you have questions that are not answered here, feel free to submit your question below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.