Zoo Med 40 Gallon ReptiHabitat Aquatic Turtle Kit
Every new reptile owner needs to start somewhere, and determining everything that you need for your new pet turtle from scratch can be overwhelming and stressful. The Zoo Med 40 Gallon ReptiHabitat Aquatic Turtle Kit contains a variety of essential care equipment and supplies to help make sure that you get started on the right foot.
This kit includes:
- 40 gallon watertight terrarium (36″ x 18″ x 18″) with sliding screen top.
- Turtle Dock (large)
- Repti Basking Spot Lamp (100 w)
- Mini Deep Dome Lamp Fixture
- ReptiSun 5.0 UVB Fluorescent Bulb (17 w)
- ReptiSun Terrarium Hood (36″)
- ReptiSafe Water Conditioner (4.25 oz)
- Aquatic Turtle Food Sampler
- Water Turtle Care Booklet
This kit does not include decor, which must be purchased separately.
For best results, we also strongly recommend buying a water heater, water thermometer, and temp gun to help make sure that your turtle's habitat maintains appropriate temperatures. You will also need a strong aquarium filter capable of processing at least 80 gallons of water.
This 40-gallon kit is best suited for particularly small and juvenile turtles 6" long or less, such as:
- Map Turtle (Graptemys geographica) — juveniles only
- Mud Turtle (Kinosternon subrubrum)
- Musk Turtle (Sternotherus odoratus)
- Painted Turtle (Chrysemys picta) — juveniles only
- Red Eared Slider (Trachemys scripta scripta) — juveniles only
Although this kit comes with a basic guide to general aquatic turtle care, you will need to do additional research on your specific type of turtle, and adjust your setup accordingly.