Zoo Med 40 Gallon ReptiHabitat Snake Kit
Every new reptile owner needs to start somewhere, and determining everything that you need for your new pet snake from scratch can be overwhelming and stressful. The Zoo Med 40 Gallon ReptiHabitat Snake Kit contains a variety of essential care equipment and supplies to help make sure that you get started on the right foot.
This kit includes:
- 40 gallon "breeder" terrarium (36″L x 18″W x 18″H)
- Dual screen top
- Deep Dome Lamp Fixture
- 100W Repti Basking Spot Lamp
- ReptiTherm Under Tank Heater (8″x12″)
- X-Large Habba Hut
- 24 qt. Aspen Snake Bedding
- Analog Dual Thermometer/Humidity Gauge
- Water dish
- ReptiSafe water conditioner
- Snake Care Book
Additional decor such as artificial foliage, climbing branches, and additional caves is recommended to help provide maximum welfare for your new snake. We also strongly recommend buying the following additional items:
Although this kit comes with a basic guide to general snake care, you will need to do additional research on your specific type of snake, and adjust the contents of this kit accordingly.
This kit is best suited for small terrestrial snakes 48" long or less, such as:
- Ball Python (Python regius) — juveniles only
- Corn Snake (Pantherophis guttatus)
- Western Hognose Snake (Heterodon nasicus)
- Kingsnake (Lampropeltis spp.)
- Rosy Boa (Lichanura trivirgata)
Note: This kit is not large enough to house snakes longer than 48" long-term. Be prepared to upgrade your snake to a larger terrarium as it grows.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Does this come with a thermostat for the heating pad?
The starter kit does not come with a thermostat. This piece of equipment is highly recommended for your snake's safety, but must be purchased separately.
2. Does the lid have a lock to prevent escape?
There are two pins on the sliding mesh lid to prevent escape.
3. Can you buy replacement pins for locking the screen?
They are standard pins that can be obtained from general hardware stores — even if you cannot find an exact replacement, other options would work.
If you have questions that are not answered here, feel free to submit your question below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.