Zoo Med Natural Cork Flats Extra Large
Cork has many benefits in its natural form, it reduces the transmission of sound and vibrations as well as being an excellent heat insulator. Cork is often used in our homes due to its durability and the qualities as mentioned earlier, and these same qualities can be of benefit to your reptile, amphibian, or other pet as well.
Produce a natural accent to your terrarium with the Zoo Med Natural Cork Flats Habitat Décor. This cork flat addition 'creates a naturalistic forest look that will bring your pet back to the wild. It can be used as a natural-looking background for your terrarium, and you can attach live or fake plants to the cork, it can even be used as a "floating raft" for aquatic pets such as turtles, newts, aquatic frogs, mudskippers and more! Perfectly safe for all reptiles, amphibians, arachnids, snakes, and more. Zoo Med Natural Cork Round Habitat Décor can be cut and molded to suit your terrarium style and made in the USA.
Create a naturalistic forest look in your terrarium!
- Ideal for use as a natural decorative background for your terrarium.
- Attach live plants to cork to create a truly natural environment!
- Floats! It can be used as a "Floating Raft" for aquatic turtles, newts, aquatic frogs, mudskippers, etc.
- Safe for all reptiles, amphibians, and arachnids (i.e., tarantulas).
- It can be easily cut to any desired length or shape.
- Use two or more pieces for extensive terrarium backgrounds.
Dimensions: 17.9" x 9.5" x 1.9"*
*Natural product dimensions are subject to change
1. Will this product have issues with mold in a humid terrarium?
While moisture and food make for the ideal environment for mold and mildew growth, because of the near impermeability of cork, mold finds it a serious challenge to grow on cork. Cork is hydrophobic, meaning it does not retain moisture and will not be the cause of mold growth in your tank.
2. Can this be used to grow plants?
This is not meant to help plants grow, and you can use it to attach plants to the cork to hold them in place.
3. Since this is wood, does it need to be baked?
Cork is different than plain wood you find outside and does not need to be baked before use.
If you have a question that is not answered here, feel free to submit a question below, and we will respond as soon as possible.